Five to nine

Have a drink.

July 14, 2005

"I like to have a Martini...

...two at the very most."
After three I'm overreacting.
After four I would have been toast.
(With all apologies to dorothy parker)

But then again, Maybe I didn't overreact. Maybe there's a subtle difference between overreacting, and merely reacting poorly. I will let you be the judge of me, oh gentle reader.
If you were sitting in a small lounge after your friends live set of music was over, trying to make polite small talk with a table full of pretty accountants (yes, accountants and yes, dead sexy) when one of them thinks it'd be cute to pinch your ear and run her fingers through your hair, what would you do? Make a joke about it to hide your discomfort and move just a little further away? Cause that's what I did. What if it happened twice? eep! What if the pretty stranger then grabbed you by the shoulder and started undoing the buttons of your shirt? All this before she introduces herself? At a place that wasn't even "that kind of place". Was I wrong to get up off the table, and sit at the bar and explain to my friend with just a look that his girlfriend's colleagues were creeping me out? I later let him know in no uncertain terms that kind of behavior is unacceptable only to be told to not be such a pussy and to take my gentle raping with a smile next time.
Am I wrong to think that kind of behavior is unacceptable? Would you feel the same way if the genders were reversed, and it was a guy trying to rip off a strange woman's blouse with no more license than "she knows one of my co-workers"?
I didn't think so.
On a more pleasant note, the martinis at "room 5" were excellent, and big enough to tranquilize a horse. Just make sure you stop at two, so that if something upsetting happens you're not at a loss for words.

9 Comments:

At July 15, 2005 at 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

knowing you and knowing the situation (and the amount of drink you had) i would say that you acted as you usually do: polite and appropriately without making any sort of scene. bravo for sticking up for yourself and even more so for doing it in the way gentlemen are accustomed.

cheers,
max

 
At July 28, 2005 at 6:36 PM, Anonymous Dianna said...

This begs the question of why it takes the genders being reversed for people to notice the inappropriateness in the first place.

By the way, hi. I'm reading your blog now, courtesy of Chris and his links.

 
At August 14, 2005 at 3:23 AM, Blogger puxt75tljk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At December 30, 2005 at 9:10 AM, Blogger walterjackson4610 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

 
At January 8, 2006 at 10:42 PM, Blogger markwashington5710 said...

Hey Meet Me Today I'm available in your area tonite GO HERE NOW!

 
At January 13, 2006 at 2:01 PM, Anonymous M.S said...

hi
i want to introduce a free blog for you
http://mathcom.blogfa.com

 
At May 4, 2006 at 6:32 PM, Blogger lennykline61394461 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

 
At October 3, 2006 at 10:35 PM, Blogger r1dhqb26f said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

 
At October 9, 2006 at 8:43 PM, Blogger ucy4k70jt said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home