Five to nine

Have a drink.

July 31, 2004

THIS BEER COST SEVEN DOLLARS!

it's a little flat and not very good. It leaves a bitter taste.


So after that, I avoided the beer at Dodger stadium. But I started going to all the games i could, because I was a new fan of baseball. I had grown up in a home with no appreciation for major league sports of any kind. (I was however taken to my first bullfight at the tender age of six. I loved it. I still do.) But after my buddies dragged me to a game, and I saw this big hoser trot onto the field like an expensive horse who's been overfed, and demolish the 9th inning in 7 pitches against the then world champion anaheim angels, I was hooked!


Who was that? What's a closer? What's a save? How many in a row!? That sounds like a lot. What's the old record?
And as i learned a little more, I started learning player names and habits. One of them caught my attention when at first base he leaped 2 feet into the air to get a guy out and preserve Odalis Peres' no hitter late in the 8th. A CATCHER no less.


One day my aunt Anita died, and as I drove home from her funeral, feeling emotionally pliable, I drove past a mixed by barkeep @ 2:41 AM

1 Comments:

At October 22, 2005 at 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog, keep up the good work!
I have a site to wedding theme.
It's a free information site on wedding theme.
You should check it out if you have the time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home